January 18th, 2012, 15:57 Posted By: wraggster
A new version of the Game Boy emulator zBoy has been released. zBoy is available for Windows and Linux.
zBoy v0.51 [14 Jan 2012]
- Fixed a bug in the emulation of the "POP AF" CPU instruction (was wrongly setting the F register),
- Fixed a bug in the emulation of the "DAA" CPU instruction,
- Fixed a bug in the emulation of RR and RL CPU instructions (the flag Z must be set accordingly to the result),
- Fixed a bug in the emulation of "LD HL,SP+n" and "ADD SP,n" CPU instructions (wrong update of Carry and Half Carry flags),
- Fixed a bug in the command line parameters parser, that could lead to crash of the emulator in case of incorrect parameters passed to zBoy,
- Added a micro tile cache to the backgroung generation engine,
- Added the --nocpuidle option to make zBoy not idling the CPU when having some spare time (this option might give better results on hi-latency systems),
- Added EXPERIMENTAL support for serial link emulation (two player mode over network) - this feature is in early alpha stage, so not rock stable yet (it also requires a very good network connectivity between both peers), successfully tested on Tetris, Tetris 2, Tetris Blast, Kwirk and Dr. Mario,
- Replaced the --skipframes option by --limitfps (allows to limit the FPS emulation rendering in the range 1..60 FPS),
- General code optimizations - the emulation speed has increased about 15x (Super Mario Land passed from 80 to 1200 FPS on my laptop),
- Heavy code cleanup to make zBoy compiling without warnings in -pedantic mode.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here